Today, official guidelines from the White House Coronavirus Task Force were issued to states for reopening America. I’ve summarized the contents of the document below:
It’s a 3 phase approach. States can move to the next phase if all 3 of the following criteria are met:
- A downward trajectory of influenza-like and COVID-like cases reported within a 14-day period
- A downward trajectory of documented cases or positive tests as a percent of the total tests within a 14-day period
- Hospitals must treat all patients without crisis care and robust testing program must be in place for at-risk healthcare workers, including emerging antibody testing
The parts specifically pertaining to event pros:
- Phase 1 – Avoid SOCIALIZING in groups of more than 10 people in circumstances that do not readily allow for appropriate physical distancing (e.g., receptions, trade shows)
- Phase 2 – Social settings of more than 50 people, where appropriate distancing may not be practical, should be avoided unless precautionary measures are observed.
- Phase 3 – LARGE VENUES (e.g., sit-down dining, movie theaters, sporting venues, places of worship) can operate under limited physical distancing protocols.
You can read the official document from the White House Coronavirus Task Force here: